Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Next Stage of the Terrible Twos

Emma has been choosing her own outfits for the last couple of months. It usually isn't a big deal- I give her a choice of two outfits that I like. Every now and then she has to prove her independance by choosing the top from one outfit and the bottoms from the other, or by wearing a pair of tights that don't really match. Tuesday was a very different story indeed. She found her Halloween costume from last year in a box I hadn't talen to the basement yet and she REFUSED to wear anything else. I was just sick enough (I am feeling much better now though!) to let her. Pick your battles right? I can't believe I already have a child in the "I Dressed Myself" stage- I am so old!

2 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

what a cutie! if you are old then I am fast approaching, so I say that you are a at a young stage of parenthood, it sounds much better right?

Carrie said...

Yes, you are getting up there, Amanda!