Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 We went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving this year, which was a bit of a departure from tradition as usually we meet at my mom's the night before Thanksgiving so that we can attend my Grandma's feast the next day.  This year, it turned out that we would have been the only ones over at Grandma's, so we invited them over to ours.  It was grand.  I wasn't feeling in tip top shape, so all of these pictures are stolen from others off of facebook.

Kassidy ran over to hang with us for a bit even though her dad made her promise not to eat anything so she would still be hungry for her own family's feast.
 Mom preparing for guests.  "Sing sweet nightengale..."


 My mom's cousin's daughter came and joined in our feast.  She was nice and tall, so she was chosen to help finish trimming the tree.


 This was the kids/bestestmostawesomever table.


 Heather and Emma.
 I have no idea what this is about, but her expression is priceless!
It was a lovely day- and not just because I didn't have to cook!  We truly are so blessed, and I was happy to spend the day of thanks with so any people I am truly grateful for. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys didn't skip Thanksgiving, but I couldn't help but notice there is a Christmas tree in your parents' house.