Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

 On Christmas Eve, Ross and I were able to drop the kids off for a bit and we went to a movie date.  It was really fun, and I was glad to get out with him for something so simple and relaxing.  When we got back to my mom's house, we watched movies, listened to music, ate some of the cookies the kids had decorated for Santa, called Melissa to wish her a happy birthday, and helped my mom prepare for dinner that night.  She prepared Cornish game hens and a turkey breast.  Emma ate an entire hen all on her own, and Sara got through more than half of hers.  They like that meal!

When dinner was consumed and cleaned up and Grandma and Grandpa Wallace were heading home, we read the Christmas story from the Bible.  Just as we were finishing up, the Jammy Elf came bringing new Jammies from Santa and a message to get our bums to bed if we wanted our presents.  We quickly bathed the children and got in our new jammies and headed home after snapping a couple of pictures.

The kids all fell asleep on the drive home, which is just what Santa had hoped for!

This picture is hard to see, but I wanted to remember it, since I think those lights are going to burn out this year or next.  This is my Grandpa Wallace's blue spruce tree in his front yard.  When it was small, he put Christmas lights on it, and for convenience sake, left the lights on for the next year.  Well, that was the year the tree decided to take off in growth, and it swallowed up those lights.  Now, for good fun, he still turns them on, and it looks like a big tree ate a little Christmas tree.  This has been going on for years, and it always makes me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the first picture of you guys all gathered around. It's perfect! Everyone looks cute and pretty and happy and it's very Christmasy. I always mean to get pictures next to the tree and it never works. Congratulations. :) And I love the little tree that got eaten by a big one. So cute.