Monday, January 24, 2011

Rexburg Trip Part Five: Touring Old Haunts and New Additions to Old Haunts

On Monday, after enjoying the complimentary breakfast and a dip in the pool, we packed up and headed to Rexburg to look around campus. We showed the girls around the buildings that were open (it was Martin Luther Kings Jr. Day), and admired all the new additions to our beloved Alma Mater. I was amazed and inspired with a renewed hope to one day teach there (and get my kids FREE tuition. . .) and Ross was jealous claiming we were born 7 years too early.

The best part was the new BYU-Idaho Center that has a few gyms and classrooms, but is mainly the host of the new meeting hall that is a Conference Center Mini-Me. It is in the same design and seats 13,000 people. Awesome. How cool would it be to perform or speak in there?!

It is all dark because it was all locked up. Emma made it her job to check every door to the auditorium, and found 2 that some janitor had failed to fully secure. I am glad.
This is our awed-and-inspired-and-a-teensy-bit-jealous face.
There are also some amazing art prints hung along the walls. My favorite was the collection of C.C.A. Christensen glaces. I am a direct descendant of him, and am proud to boast his blood even if I didn't inherit a sing ounce of his artistic abilities.
This is my favorite of his. It is of the quails that randomly landed at the camp and miraculously fed the starving and sick saints.
Ross got a phone call while we were there, so Emma entertained Jack. It was very cute.
These two are going to be such good friends- I can just feel it!
I love this. Their sweet bond just melts my heart.
Sometimes I get distracting when I feel ignored. We took the fancy new sky-walk over to the Hart Building to visit Thor.
The girls were afraid of him at first.
Jack was awesome. He is such a good baby! Have I mentioned that before?
Thanks for representing the birthplace of our love, Thor. You rock!

No comments: