Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! The girls were incredibly spoiled- and it wasn't at all by us! We purchased them an ornament, some framed pictures (well- we got frames from Wal-Mart and put cute pictures from the Friend in them) and some candy canes. The rest of this mountain of presents is from Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and family friends. Emma and Sara are loved, and we are grateful. My dad got them those cute bear chairs- and they LOVE them. It has been nice to be able to cuddle with Ross again, since neither of them feel the need to crawl up on the couch with us any more. Thanks, Dad!

Ross and I weren't going to exchange any gifts at all this year. We decided to take the money we would have spent on each other and put it towards our debt. Ross was surprised to get some shirts and ties that I bought for him for Chirstmas in July (yes- I am one of those shoppers!) and a movie (that I got for free from one of my survey points things). I was even more surprised to see that Santa had got a GREAT deal on a new CAMERA for me!! It is red and shiny, and the flash works when I want it to, and the dial moves like it is supposed to and I LOVE it! Thanks, Santa! (especially for your amazing- almost Jewish- bargaining and coupon usage skills! I am TOTALLY rubbing off on him!)
Emma needed a little prodding to get going with the present opening business. I guess after telling her to leave them alone all month, she needed some extra reassurance that she wasn't going to get in trouble this time.
Grandma Jones got the girls a huge Mr. Potato set. They love it. I love it. It entertains them for the perfect amount of time for me to do a P-90 x workout. Perfect!
That poinsettia box behind Emma held a smoothie blender from my Mother-in-Law. I think our moms were either in cahoots with each other, or are just mind readers. The 2 kitchen appliances I have wanted for FOREVER but have never found a good enough excuse to actually pay money for are a coacoa late' machine, and a smoothie blender. I got both!! I am loved! I made Coacoa for breakfast, and a smoothie when we got home from my Grandma's house. Thanks Moms!
Sara loves candy canes- plastic and all.
Aunt Caulene got Emma a kitchen set and a LOT of fun food to go with it. She really loved it once we got it all put together for her. (Note to self- avoid 'Assembly Required' merchandise at all costs in the future!)
After most of the presents were gone we finally got Emma to dig through her stocking. She was so excited to see all the treats! Too bad she still only gets a couple a day. We are glad that she didn't seem to mind that half of it was left-over Halloween candy.
Caulene also got Sara this cute, cute, CUTE Tinkerbell dog from Build-A-Bear. She immediately started giving it kisses.
Emma is telling us what to do and who gets to go next- bossy little thing! :)
After presents were opened and hot chocolate consumed (thanks to the Coacoa Late' my mom got for me and the Stephens coacoa mix she got Ross) we headed out for my grandma's house. It looked a little something like this most of the way.
Emma didn't mind. She had her new blanket and some nice coacoa.


Safe and sound at Grandma's house- with the smell of honey baked ham and cheesy potatoes- I love Christmas.
I love Ross more, though. (I will never tire of these pictures!)
Sara Bear!
Emma and Sara are both wearing the cute outfits that Grandma Goodman sent.
Heather is pretending to be happy we are there. Hi! :)
I rarely see my Aunt Carrie without her camera. Which is fine- because it leads to some great blogging on her part, which I thoroughly enjoy!
Emma Roo!
This is my cousin Kim. She is gorgeous.

Here is my lovely little camera. She is hot!
Merry Christmas, Everyone! We hope you had a great one!

No comments: