Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Best Christmas Present Ever (aside from my new red camera, of course!)

My little sister Caulene had my family for Chirstmas this year, and she gave Ross and me one of the best presents I have had ever! She offered to watch the girls over night so that Ross and I could have some time ALONE without all the parenting responsibilities. It took me approximtely 13 seconds to decide that I could handle being away from both girls for that long. (*the 13 seconds was mostly due to the fact that Sara still nurses about twice a day still).

We started off by hitting a movie. We used my mom's giant popcorn bucket that costs 5o cents to fill at Wynnsong, and then dumped most of that into a ziplock bag that we hid in my purse along with a bunch of other Christmas candy and headed over to the new digital theater to see Yes Man. We are cheapskates- I know. Also, that movie was lame and dirty and was not my favorite. The theater was empty though- so we enjoyed contraband goodies and a nice make-out session.

After this we went to Salt Lake to see if we could get stand-by tickets for Savior of the World. We did- and it was awesome. I was a littledissappointed that Melinda wasn't playing Mary that night- I guess she was sick. Katie Bastian did a wonderful job though, and we were both touched. After the show was over we ran over to see the lights at temple square, and I have to say- they were a little disappointing this year.








After we were done freezing our little tushies off we went to the only place we could find open a that late hour (who knew I-HOP closed early on the 23rd? Lame!)- Denny's. We split a Grand Slam and made fun of the Emo garage band losers that were there commiserating with each other about their painful lives and then went home and . . .
It was a great night! I also LOVED getting 11 hours of sleep. Straight sleep! That was the first time in a month I had more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. It was grand. Thank you, Caulene! We needed that time together, and you are a lovely human being for OFFERING to give it to us. We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love hearing about all your dates! I'm glad you got to go. Any time you want to do it again, I hope you know you can just ask. I'm happy to serve as the babysitter for cheap movie/Grand Slam/make out picture dates. :)