Saturday, December 20, 2008

BYU Game

Last Friday was Carrie's birthday, and her Dad- one of the most connected people I know- just happened to have four tickets to the BYU Basketball game for that night which he kindly bestowed upon Carrie, who kindly called me and asked if Ross and I could go. We could. And we did. And it was awesome. And I feel a little bit guilty that Carrie gave ME a present on HER birthday. And I just broke a cardinal rule of grammar thrice and once (fournce?) over. And I don't feel too much guilt over that.

We won- but Portland was a pretty crummy team, so it wasn't too much of a surprise. I was actually a little disappointed in the cougars for letting it stay so close for so long. They started out really sloppy. (Look at me talking like I know something about basketball. . . Go my favorite sports team!) Carrie is amazing, and I love her even if she is freakin' old now! Thank you for inviting us- it was exactly what we needed. And thank you to Dana for being willing to watch the kids on short notice. And don't expect me to write in full sentences in this post- I am edited out today!
These old ladies danced in the half-time show. They range from 50-92 years old. The oldest lady- the 92 year old ended the night with a solo which was topped off with the splits. I may or may not have felt a little bit ashamed for my reduced felxibility since I had babies, and I may or may not have gone home and stretched until I could do the splits again myself. (I will NOT let an old lady out-split me again! Pilates- here I come!)

Ross and I were extremely hyper and silly all night- which was fun. I attribute it to the vanilla coke and junior mints we snuck in even after being caught by one of the usher ladies. (I am uber sneaky when forced to be!) I will NOT pay $3 for a fun sized candy bar when I can lie and cheat and bring in my own goodies, and then repent later. We are on a budget here, BYU! Check out the provident living brochure you keep passing out, and then re-think your concession prices! :)

I have such good friends, and I am so grateful for them!

No comments: