Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Prodigal Puppy-Kitty Returns

On July 26, we came home from Lagoon and could not find Trinket anywhere. We were very sad about this and were fairly certain that she had made a good meal for a fox or coyote. Imgaine our surpirse when she showed up on our back porch a few nights ago wanting some love and food! She has been gone for 6 weeks! We are thrilled to have our little puppy-kitty back!

We call her our puppy-kitty because she acts like a dog most of the time. She fetches balls, chases her tail, and eats anything that is in her sight including lemon merengue pie, pizza (crust and all), cookies, bread crust, lettuce, corn bread, and 7 layer bean dip. We are also glad to have her back because now we know she can survive as an outdoor cat meaning we don't have to keep her in our house. I love cats and dogs, but I HATE pet fur! Here are some pictures of our fearless little Trinket (prize still pending for anyone who can tell me the literary origin of that name).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma has really beautiful hair! I'm glad that Trinket has returned and no amount of googling can tell me where the name comes from. Please tell, for those of us who didn't major in reading. :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to take a wild guess and say Trinket comes from "Oliver Twist". I was reading that and I think I saw that name in there but I could be wrong and I don't have the book at my apt to check. (no room for half my books:[) So, Thats my guess just let know if by some flash of luck I am right.

Oh and I have Tues and Wends off next week and love for you guys to come down and see my apt.