Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grandpa Jones's Golden Birthday

My dad turned the big 5-0 last Friday, so we all got together to celebrate with him. Mom made his favorite- lamb and corn on the cob. It was a fun night of family and food. Happy birthday Grandpa!

For his 'Golden' birthday I made him a golden cake and Dana picked out some golden candles.
The old man couldn't quite get all the candles by himself, so he called in some reinforcements.

Heather and Caulene got him the Mummy movies, which he was pretty stoked about. Can you see Ross being a social outcast in the back-ground there?
Heather spends so much time behind a camera that she forgets that it is OK to sometimes smile naturally when in front of one. . . (I love you, Heather!)
Ross and I picked out some new shirts for my dad, since he jokes about Emma always getting his clothes dirty when she comes over.

See how pretty her smile is normally. . .
There is this long standing joke in our family of my dad always eating Caulene's food because, "It always tastes better off of Caulene's plate!" At least I always thought it was a joke. Sara seemed to agree whole-heartedly. I have never seen her eat her cereal with so much gusto. She was giggling and squealing with joy, and got very impatient when Caulene wanted to take a bite of her own food.

Dad thought that Dana's gift of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans was funny, until he realized that there is really a vomit flavored bean!

It was a good night, and we were pleased to have been invited. Our only problem with visiting my paren'ts house is that Emma never wants to leave. It always takes a lot of persuasion, threatening and bribing to get her in the car to leave.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Happy birthday to your dad. I love family get-togethers. They are the best. :)