Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Guy!!! I Heart Him!

I did something similar to this a while ago, but Sophia tagged me on this- and some of the questions are a little different- so I am doing it again. I don't mind- it is a pretty good subject!

What is his name? Ross Erwin Goodman (if he ever sees this, he will be mad that I revealed his middle name)
How long have you been together? 3 years, 5 months, 9 days, 13 hours, 28 minutes.
How long did you date? We started dating in November 2003, and got engaged May 17, 2004. I would have a more detailed timeline here- but I really can't remember the exact date of that first kiss- which is our marker for the beginning of our relationship. That is sooooo not like me!
How old is he? 26 years, 5 months, 7 days
How old are you? 23 years, 5 months, 18 days
Who eats more sweets? Ross- he has a higher tolerance for sugar than I thought was possible for someone so thin- and that is coming from someone who used to room with Heather :)
Who said I love you first? I did. It was a weird moment- it just popped out of its own accord. I meant it, but I had no idea I was going to say it. In fact, I had just been talking to one of my friends earlier that day about the fact that I was worried about Ross saying it to me. I was afraid that if he did, I wouldn't be able to say it back to him. Apparently, I didn't really need to worry about that. He waited more than a month to say it back, but that honestly didn't bother me. I was glad actually. It meant that I didn't have to worry about him meaning it when he did say it. He was also sneaky and said it on Valentine's Day (the most ridiculous holiday EVER!!) so that if things did work out for us in the long run, he would still be able to celebrate on that day.
Who is taller? Ross- by quite a bit.
Who sings better? I do- by far! Of all the things I love about Ross, one thing that almost led to our demise was that he has no musical inclination whatsoever. That was a hard pill for me to swallow. Music is a HUGE part of my life. I have learned to be content with the fact that Ross really appreciates my talents in that area, and he is very supportive of me encouraging our children to pursue musical talents.
Who is smarter? That is a loaded question there! I am going to go with the safe (and true) answer that we are both very smart in our own areas. I learn from him, and he learns from me.
Who does the laundry? I do. I have a system, and when Ross tries to 'help' it usually just stresses me out.
Who does the dishes? I usually do. When Ross wants to be sweet, he will do them for me- which has actually been happening a lot lately. He is nice like that!
Who pays the bills? Ross pays all of them except for one. I have a credit card that is all mine that I use to pay for presents for Ross or things that I need for me. If I don't do it that way, he always sees where I purchased them, and how much I paid for them. I pay the bills on that account.
His guilty pleasures- Sleeping in- we both really love to stay up late and sleep in late. Emma cured us of that for a while, but it seems that our love for late mornings has tranferred on to her (as well as our love of late nights). I am sure that Sara will help to get us out of that habit pretty quickly though.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do- if you mean when you are laying in it looking at the ceiling. The only reason for this is that I have to have the side with the alarm clock, because Ross won't hear it over his own snoring.
Who mows the lawn? Well, we don't have one- but when we do get one it will be all Ross!!
Besides you, who is his best friend? Sean Echols- his trainer at AFLAC. He is a really great guy.
Who cooks dinner? I usually do. Lately Ross has been a HUGE help with dinners though. He has been cooking a lot of the meat for me, because raw meat has been getting those lovely pregnancy morning sickness feelings to come rushing back. I am soooo over this whole pregnancy crap- enough already!!
Who drives when you are together? Ross. There were 6 months there where I had to drive everywhere because Ross had to go 6 months seizure free before he could drive again. We were both pretty excited for that time to be up! Ross can be quite the back-seat driver!
Who is more stubborn? Me. I am totally fine with admitting that now. I'm a red-head!! I am just living up to my expectations.
Who kissed who first? Ross- that saga is all in a previous post. http://goodmanscorner.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-it-all-began.html
Who asked who out first? Ross.
What was your first date? After hearing that I had lived all week on ramen noodles and canned pears (I was waiting for my next pay-check), he decided to make me a really nice dinner. All he could talk about while he was driving me over to his apartment was how good this meal was going to be and how much work he had put into it. When we got to his apartment, I discovered that this painstaking masterpiece was- wait for it- hamburger helper!!! :) He was so proud of himself, that I tried not to laugh. It did taste wonderful after my week of ramen though. It was also complimented with some lovely concentrated juice, and some really cool fruit bowls. He actually balled a cantaloupe and put grapes and apples in it- very cute! We talked all through dinner- the conversation never lapsed. I suppose that wasn't too surprising since we were capable of keeping up a conversation through our astronomy class every day. After dinner we rented a scary movie (I HATE scary movies!) which led to some terror induced cuddling (he is so sneaky). After that we just sat around and talked a lot. Then he took me home, and we hugged, and probably would have kissed if I hadn't been suddenly attacked with feelings of guilt over liking Ross so much when I was waiting for a missionary. Instead, I said thank you and ran inside to write a letter full of sappy crap to Eric to make myself feel better.
Who proposed? Ross.
Who has more siblings? I have 3 sisters, Ross has 2 sisters and 3 brothers.
Who wears the pants in the family? Ross does. He lets me try them on sometimes- but I think we both prefer it when he has them on.
What is your favorite thing about him? I love how easy it is to talk to him. I have always been able to communicate with him really well- which is surprising considering how truly different we are from each other. I never feel like he is judging me, and that has really allowed me to be more free with him than with anyone else. I feel like he is not looking for a cookie-cutter wife, but rather that he wants me to be me- the REAL me!!! That is so liberating- and scary at times. He has always been there with open arms and open ears. He is my best friend, and I am so glad that I found him! It has been VERY frustrating at times for us to try and make things work when we are so opposite from each other- but in the end, I think we both prefer it that way. We push each other's boundaries and help each other to grow. I love you Ross! Thank you for loving me!

2 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

That was great. I liked the link to your story. I really love the middle name, next time I talk to you guys I will have to pull it out. Happy babying tomorrow!

Sophia Crane said...

or rather today, I just looked at the time