Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yay!! Another Survey!! Thanks Tracie :)

Do you have any pets? I have a husband and an almost two year old- do either of those count? I also have a cat that has adopted me, but I don't have to take any responsibility for him because he isn't mine.
What color shirt are you wearing? Cream with pink flowers.
Name three things that are close to you: Ross, my coffee table, pillows
What is the last book you read? Redwall by: Brian Jaques
What's your favorite sport? Ballroom Dancing (is too a sport!!!)
Do you enjoy sleeping late? Absofreakinlutely!!!
What's the weather like right now? Wintery and Blustery- the weather outside is frightful, but the warmth on my lap from the laptop (and from Sara doing her nightly acrobatic practice) is delightful!
Who tells the best jokes? Carrie- she can make anything funny, and I love it.
What was the last thing you dreamed about? Last night I had a couple of very vivid dreams. One was about Sara and Emma playing when they are older. They had a white puppy that was chasing them around our backyard in the snow. Sara fell down and scraped her knee and needed a band-aid, but refused to take the plain old flesh-toned ones that were available. My other dream was not one I care to remember. It featured a scene from a movie Ross was watching the other night, only I was the one getting shot in the head, and not the guy Jason Bourne was trying to protect. That kind of thing happens all the time to me- that is why I try to avoid movies with violence in them. My mind just can't let go of images like that.
Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed? Yes and no (knock on wood).
Do you believe in karma? Yes I do!! Hopefully all this stuff Ross and I have had to go through in our first 4 years will allow us to have some kind of luck in the future- "Thy trials shall be for a small moment. . . ."
Do you believe in luck? Yup- that is pretty much what keeps me going. I usually use a different term for it though- I like to refer to my luck as tender mercies from the Lord.
Do you like your eggs scrambled or sunny side up? Scrambled is pretty much the only way I will eat eggs.
Are you reliable? I like to think so.
Have you ever given money to a bum? Many times.
What's your favorite food? Steak and potatoes.
Have you ever had a secret admirer?Not that I know of- but if I did know about them, I suppose that they wouldn't really be secret anymore. This must be a trick question.
Do you like the smell of gasoline? Yes.
Do you like to draw? Yes- but I don't do it very well. One of my goals in life is to take some art courses.
What is your favorite invention? The automobile.
What do you like better, oranges or apples? I think I am kind of obligated to say apples.
Do you give in easily? Not even a little bit- and I am OK with that.
Can you read other people's expressions? I think I am pretty good at it- but I have been known to read people way wrong in the past, so I try not to base everything on appearances anymore. I say try because I usually don't succeed very well.
What time did you wake up this morning? 9:30. Ross is the best husband ever and let me sleep in. I heart him!
What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Grape juice and Kix- kid tested, mother approved!!
What do you plan on doing tomorrow? Potty training Emma- wahoo!
What's your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday. I can sometimes get Ross to stay home all day on Saturdays, and then we can actually spend time together. That has been quite the rarity lately. It is also easier for us to find babysitters on Saturday.
Have you ever been scuba diving? No.
What's your least favorite color? Puce.
Would you ever go skydiving? In a heart beat!
What's the worst injury you have had? I broke two of my toes during a dance routine in high school and had to finish the routine before attending to them. I also had a big marching band competition the next day. It was awesome in its black-and-blueness (and I really mean that- I love a good bruise)!!!
What's the last movie you saw? The Swan Princess
What do you want to know about the future? If Ross will be able to continue doing what he loves for a living, or if he will have to find a job where he is not his own boss. I am pretty positive he will make it. . . most of the time I am at least :)
What does your last text message say? Probably something like, "Your Verizon bill of (wouldn't you like to know!!) has been posted, and will be automatically deducted from your account in 3 days unless we hear from you."
What's your least favorite school subject? Math.
What is your dream vacation? Some kind of cruise with no kids, and all the free food I can try to not eat.
What is your favorite animal? Owls.
Do you listen to the radio? No- there are way too many commercials to make it worth it. I listen to CD's.
Where were you when 9/11 happened? In my front room. We were trying to have family prayer when the TV turned on for no reason at all. We kept trying to turn it off, but it always popped back on. We figured the remote was trapped under something, but we didn't have time to find it because we were late for the bus. We just turned the sound all the way down and had a quick prayer. When we were done, I realized the the TV was turned to CNN, and it looked like one of the twin towers was on fire. When we turned up the sound, the news lady kept saying something about a plane hitting it, and I just laughed. I said that was impossible- it was probably a bomb of some sort. Just as I was saying that, we watched the live footage of the second plane hitting the second tower. Suffice it to say that we missed the bus.
What do you do when vending machines steal your money? This has never happened to me. If it did I suppose I would get mad and try to post a note on the machine so no one else would lose their money.
Have you ever caught a butterfly? Yes.
What color are your bed sheets? White.
What's your ringtone? Just the standard little ditties that come with the phone.
Do you like things that glow in the dark? Yes I do. When I was in high school, the ceiling in my room was plastered with glow-in-the-dark stars and planets and stuff. It was fantastic!! Unfortunately Ross wont let me do that now. He said something about it being tacky and childish- JERK!! I guess I will just have to wait for one of my girls to get old enough for me to convice her to do it!
What's your favorite fruity scent? Peach or Pear.
Have you ever sat on a roof? Many times.
Name three things in the world you dislike: 1. The prominence of scantily clad women- in print and in person. 2. The dramatic growth in the homosexual population and the ever-increasing acceptance of homosexuality. 3. The fact that people who commit horrible crimes in America are not punished severly enough.
Do you like sushi? I have never actually tried it.
Do you believe in magic? Yes- but again, I have different terms for it besides magic. One is the Priesthood, another is child-like innocence, and still another would be pure ignorance.
Do you hold grudges? Unfortunately, yes. I really really try not to, and I do think I am getting better about it. It's that whole forgetting part of forgiveness that gets me all tied up. I have a very accurate memory- especially in moments when my emotions are running high. (Anyone who just thought of the saying 'an elephant never forgets' is evil and stupid and will burn for such a horrible thought about a pregnant woman who just admitted she holds grudges!!)

No comments: