Monday, June 03, 2013

Houston Trip: Day 11

On Saturday I insisted on going to the beach again. There were other things we could have done, but I just really wanted to hit the sand again. We took Sophia and Brian's advice and headed to Surfside. These beaches are sandier and more family friendly than in Galveston. It was a good tip, and we had a great time.










 We saw this giant statue while driving back to the hotel, but I was too slow to catch it with the camera.
On the way to the beach I was driving and was going a touch (22 mph) too fast and was pulled over.  was really bummed about ruining my no ticket streak, but there as no need to be because he let me off with a warning! Bless you, TX sheriff! Ross was so mad! He hates that I can gloat about not ever getting a ticket and was kind of excited to see that record fall. He was, however, grateful that we had no fee to pay. When we got back to the hotel we all bathed and had a nice spaghetti dinner and watched a movie that none of the kids made it through awake. We really wore them all out with the sun and the waves and run-ins with the law.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh heck, Jack's face is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I fully expect Jack and Ophelia to fall in love and get married. Although I'm slightly afraid of doubling the amount of trouble she gets into on a second by second basis.

Anonymous said...

And plus, "Jack and Ophelia" just sounds right.