Monday, June 03, 2013

Houston Trip: Day 12

 This was a Sunday. We went to church with Sophia and Brian, and then they had us over for dinner again later that night. It was wonderful. Sausage, turkey burgers, and grilled pineapple. They spoiled us. After that we all headed to a musical fireside at their church building. It was really lovely. All the numbers were great and they had a lot of variety. One sister played a rendition of Amazing Grace on her French horn, and I cried all through it. I thanked her afterward and told her how special the sound of that instrument is to me because of Madison, and she hugged me and thanked me for sharing that with her. She had been nervous to perform and almost didn't come that night. She was grateful to hear that there was a reason she needed to follow through.
 The kids all got sugared up on cookies and played on the stage.


 Mr. Luke found something to play with. I guess he wanted to share some music as well.

 I am so grateful that I got to spend so much time with Sophia and her kids on this trip. I love her os much!

No comments: