1. We actually call him The Boy. It is a cute nickname, I think, but it sometimes has the potential of sounding like we equate our baby with a dog...
2. He loves bananas. And watermelon. And lemons.
3. He can always tell when he is about to fall asleep, and will do whatever it takes to stay awake- especially if he senses the dozing while he is nursing. He will slap his face (or sometimes MY face), kick, sit up and look around, and makes loud noises. It usually doesn't work for more than about 10 minutes, but sometimes he really will keep himself up long enough to hit his second wind.
4. He is walking. But not if I put shoes on him.
5. He can't say any animal names yet except for sometimes Cat. He can, however, make animal noises when he sees animals. They are not the usual monikers of, 'moo' and 'meow', but rather his own baby imitations of those animals. My favorite is the cow. He picked that one up when we went to see Grandpa Goodman's cows.
6. He does not like wearing pants. He takes them off. Sometimes his diaper finds its way off as well.
7. He gives the best baby hugs and snuggles imaginable! His open-mouth slobbery kisses, however, I could do without...
8. He loves when we sing songs with the girls before bedtime. He does the actions to Popcorn Popping. I love it.
9. This boy adores his sisters. He loves when they will play with him or talk to him or even walk near him. They are good sports with him too, and will do whatever they can to make him giggle. They draw the line, however, when he starts pulling hair, which he does a lot.
10. Jack is a boy. Very different from my girls. He likes to do what Ross and I call Man Stuff with his daddy. If Ross is ever digging or raking or mowing or drilling, Jack has to be a part of it. It is as though he can sense where his masculine little future lies and wants to get a jump start on things. He also likes to be dirty. Not his mother's favorite thing in the world.
I love this little boy. He is such a joy. Well worth all the trials we went through to get him here.
The Boarding House by The Pioneer Woman
14 hours ago