Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Red Butte Gardens

On Wednesday, we picked up Ross from work and headed to the Red Butte Gardens at the U of U. My mom used to take us there when she worked there, and I had some really good memories there. It has changed a lot over the last 12 years, but it was still a lot of fun and very beautiful. Here are some pictures- a lot of them. :) This was the pond that I remembered the most from my childhood. It had all kinds of ducks, geese and cat tails. It was rumored that some of the flamingos from the zoo would come there every now and then. I never saw that happen, but it would make sense since it is about half a mile from the zoo. Emma and Sara were mesmerized by the big gold fish.
This was my favorite part. It is a new area, and they have really done a beautiful job with it.
Family Portrait via the self-timer.
Emma loved this frog fountain. I did too. I want one.
This was a fun little area in the kids corner that I would have liked to spend more time at, but it was CRAWLING with bees and hornets.
Emma was looking at a squirrel that was talking to her.

It was a fun little family walk and a great idea on Ross's part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world? Where is this place exactly? It is amazing and beautiful! Seriously... I need to go there, probably this weekend.

Anonymous said...

What in the world? Where is this place exactly? It is amazing and beautiful! Seriously... I need to go there, probably this weekend.

Sarah said...

I might have to go there. It looks like fun. I can't tell you how jealous I am that you can put Sara's hair up already. Both your girls are so beautiful. Hana's hair is nowhere near that thick.