Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just Pretend its Monday

This was the first 4th of July parade that I ever marched in. I am the flute player in the middle of the front row. The girl to the right of me, the one off step, was like that all season. She couldn't play the music, and she couldn't memorize her drill, and she had no sense of rhythm. She was terrible, and she was next to me the whole time, and Mr. Lemen gave me the special assignment of trying to get her in the right direction enough of the time that she wouldn't be too dangerous to other people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, that is so cute! I see Eric, ever the Super Senior, passing water in the background. And who is that drum major? Was I there that year?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember him! His name was Alex or Sam or something, and he wanted to go into the Army! I remembered! Hurray!

Ashley Welling said...

Oh yes...I remember her. They are not very pleasant memories either.

The Seamons Family said...

Wow, that's a great picture! is that Bridget James to your left?? I love that girl!

Maria said...

Heh. Wow. That was a long time ago. I'm glad to see that I wasn't the girl who was your special assignment- that would have been a little odd . . . :-)