Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I like you, you have the boldness of a much younger woman."

This post is dedicated to my dear friend Brittany. She is an amazing multi-talented woman with an impeccable taste in entertainment. She recommended 30 Rock to me a while ago, but I put off actually looking into it because one of the main characters is played by Alec Baldwin, and he is crazy. One night, when Ross and his snoring were keeping me awake I decided to watch an episode on hulu.com since I had seen all of the Office episodes that they had on there. Well, I am now totally addicted. 30 Rock is seriously one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. It is fast and witty, and not at all predictable. The characters are hilarious, and I can laugh over one or two lines for days at a time. I have, for your reaing pleasure, listed some of my favorite quotes. Enjoy- or don't. Whatever!

Don Geiss: As my old man always said, “If you try, you win.” And he was a hell of a garbage man.

Liz: I’m going to go talk to some food about this.

Jenna: I’m so glad you asked! Kabbalah is a wonderful religion that mixes the fun part of Judaism with magic.

Liz: (referring to making out in public) It’s only inappropriate when it’s ugly people.

Tracy: What’s your religion, Liz Lemon?
Liz: I pretty much just do what Oprah tells me.

Kenneth: [to Tracy] Didn’t you tell me to live every week like it’s Shark Week? And that nothing’s impossible except dinosaurs?
Tracy: The manatee truly has become the mento.

Jenna: If the president is so serious about the war on terror, why doesn’t he hunt down and capture Barack Obama before he strikes again? America we need a change. That's why I'm voting for Osama in '08.

Liz Lemon: [speaking on the telephone] Hi, my name is Liz Lemon and I received flowers from your shop tonight, and I can’t tell who they’re from… No, no, I did read the card, but it’s not signed… No, I’m not with so many men that it’s impossible for me to guess… Well, that is just… Oh, well, you know what? I found the card, actually, and they’re from your mom, so tell your gay mom I said thanks!

Jack: Just to know she’s filled with bile over me warms my heart.

Dennis: Dear Liz Lemon: While other women have bigger boobs than you, no other woman has as big a heart. When I saw you getting ready to go out and get nailed by a bunch of guys last night, I knew for sure it was over between us, and for the first time since the ‘86 World Series, I cried… I cried like a big, dumb homo. And if it was up to me, we’d be together forever. But there’s a new thing called “women’s liberation”, which gives you women the right to choose and you have chosen to abort me, and that I must live with. So tonight, when you arrive home, I’ll be gone. I officially renounce my squatter’s rights.

Liz Lemon: Why are you wearing a tux?
Jack: It’s after 6! What am I, a farmer?

Jack: What is your contingency plan for a crap storm of this magnitude?

Jack: [To Liz] Don’t gloat, it makes you look mannish.

Tracy Jordan: Affirmative action was designed to keep women and minorities in competition with each other to distract us while white dudes inject AIDS into our chicken nuggets.

Tracy: I’m gonna make you a mixtape. You like Phil Collins?
Jack: I got two ears and a heart don’t I?

Liz: I will just leave you guys to it.
CC: By 'it' you mean business.
Liz: Yes, I call the movie "Risky Business" "Risky It" because It means business!

Liz: I'll move to Cleveland when you get that IKEA: NEVER!!

Greenzo: Can you fire the wind, Jack? Can you fire a hurricane?
Jack: We are developing the technology for that!

Jack: (to Don Geiss in a coma) Hillary Clinton is president sir! I just thought I would try to scare you on out of it.

Jack: I will be working for extreme weather preparedness and the war on the poor.
Liz: You mean the war on poverty?
Jack: Yeah, sure, let's go with that.

Tracy: There was so much left on my bucket list! So many kinds of buckets I wanted to own! Buckets!!

Kenneth: I don't drink coffee Griz. I don't drink hot drinks of any kind. That is the devil's temperature.

Kenneth: I don't vote Republican or Democratic. Choosing is a sin, so I always write in the Lord's name.
Jack: You are Republican then, we count those.

Jack: Lemon, women your age are most likely to get mauled at the zoo than get married.

Ciirie: I only date guys who drink snapple.

Kenneth: It turns out she is the wrong kind of crazy and now we have to get married.

Kenneth: And they all seemed to really hate my grandpa because they kept yelling, "Kill Whitey" and I was like, who do you think you are? Alcohol?

Kenneth: Mr. Jordan, I saw you steal my sink.

6 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I love 30 rock! It is so funny. One of my favorite shows on tv.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Thanks for the shout-out (even though... multi-talented...not sure about that). I'm SO glad you love 30 Rock. I have a MAJOR crush on Kenneth. "It turns out she is the wrong kind of crazy and now we have to get married." That's th best episode ever.

Tracie said...

Lol! I guess I'll have to watch it now because those were some very funny quotes.

Ashley Welling said...

Awesome website! I think it is one of my new favorite websites! Thanks for sharing! How did you find out about it?

Elizabeth Spencer said...

I know you posted this a long time ago. But i love 30 rock two. Someone recommended it to us and we started to tivo it last November but then the writers strike happened. and we won't get into that. but the point is that i love it and am not going to miss an episode this season. :)

Elizabeth Spencer said...

too not two