Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Overtime

Ross has been doing some cross-training at work, which has put his department behind on their quota, which has given him the opportunity to get some overtime hours with time and a half pay. That has been nice, but I have missed Ross as he works long hours. This weekend, he got a few hours scheduled on Saturday. We decided to make the most of it, because that's the kind of people we are :)

We left around 7:45 so that I could stop and pick up my first Bountiful Basket. Expect a post about that later. It is awesome! After depositing all the veggies and fruits on ice in a cooler and a large box, we headed to Salt Lake where Ross went to his office and did all manner of important and offical, (and incredibly boring) things, while the kids and I hung out. We watched Beauty and the Beast on my laptop, went and got breakfast off the dollar menu at Burger King, read some books, danced to music on the radio, and played around in the grassy area outside Ross's office building. There are some lovely trees and a stream that runs right by there. It was nice and relaxing. After fulfilling his overtime hours, Ross found Jack napping, me reading, and the girls chasing each other around a tree with sticks. Good times.

We had decided that since we were already going to be in Salt Lake, we would head over to a party my friend Brittany was throwing at her house in Ogden. We still had some time to kill before then, so we went to a Layton theater and got tickets to Despicable Me. We walked around the mall until the movie started.

We liked the movie. It was very cute, and the girls laughed the entire time. Jack liked it as well. Just like Toy Story, he found all the colors mesmerizing and would not sleep the entire time. He was fully alert. He was also a little bit mischieveous. . .

Right during a very quiet spot in the movie, a large toot echoed throughout the theater originating from my baby's bottom. That magnificent rumble was quickly followed by an equally magnificent stench and a puddle of warmth down my leg. The stinker got me. Got me good! I ran to the bathroom to mop us up as best as I could. Jack fared pretty well as I had extra clothing for him. The same could not be said for me, however, as Colonel Mustard baby poopy does not wipe off of denim very well.

After the movie, I was forced to use some of my birthday money (thanks Judy!) to buy a new pair of jeans. Honestly, I needed them anyway. I just really, really, REALLY hate shopping for clothes. Everything is so expensive and finding my size is a pain, and making my husband entertain all my kids while I try and find something I am willing to spend money on makes me feel fidgety and guilty. After a lot of trial and error, I ended up getting some nice jeans and a shirt from Old Navy that were on sale. They are very comfortable and actually fit, and I am glad I got them even if it wasn't the time or place I planned on doing that.

After purchasing my new clothing, we went to Logan and enjoyed a night of good food and games with Brittany and Steve at their house with a bunch of their friends. The kids were very good, and we had a lot of fun. We ended the night chatting as we drove home while the kids all slept very soundly in their seats. We had worn them out!

It's funny how such simple components like playing on grass, watching a movie, and seeing good friends can all combine to make a kick-awesome day. I love my life. That is all.

2 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I love old navy jeans! They are the only jeans that for me. I found some recently that were on clearance for $12! I hate paying a lot of money for jeans.

Carrie said...

reminds me of the puddle of yellow poo i got on my skirt in RS one day...ugh.