Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Funny Girls

I have had requets for more pictures and funny statements from my girls. I can't post new pictures because there aren't any. (We got refunded for the broken camera, but have yet to purchase a new one.) There is, however, an unending supply of funny and creative statements from my girls. Here is a sampling.

  • I have not bought any new shirts since getting pregnant, and I only have a few left that cover my girth. I save those for when I have to leave the house. The rest of my time spent at home usually finds me in shirts borrowed from Ross's side of the closet. One day Emma asked, "Will Daddy use your shirts when he has a baby in his tummy?"
  • One day while my parents were at our house for a BBQ, Sara let out a nice and healthy toot. Afterwards she chuckled and said, "There are bubbles in my bum!" Ross thinks this came from the fact that the previous night a similar incident happened in the tub and caused actual bubbles to come up from her bum.
  • Emma likes to be in charge. I am not sure if this is because she is the oldest, or if it is because she is my child. Maybe a bit of both? Anyway, whenever she is with a group of other children, she likes to take charge and is quick to instruct all the other children in the proper way of playing and having fun. Sometimes she takes this instruction a step too far. We noticed this when she kept calling a child on a playground by the wrong name. We tried to correct her, but she just said, "No, I don't like that name. His new name is Kajer." We watched as the boy, who is much older than her, tried to correct her. She was not at all affected by his pleadings and tried to explain to him that his real name was now Kajer because it was a nicer name and would make him happier. He stopped arguing, and went by Kajer until Emma left.
  • Sara loves the song, "We are a Happy Family". She calls it 'The Mommy Song' because we always start it with, 'I love Mommy, she loves me. We love Daddy, yesiree . . .' When she is playing with her stuffed animals, she will make up verses for all the animals in the closet. Very cute! 'I love Bunny, she loves me, we love monkey, yes we do, she loves froggy can you see. We love snowman oh oh oh, and she loves tiger and we are a happy family."
  • When my sister Heather was younger, she had trouble learning to read. We later found out it had nothing to do with a learning delay, but with a desperate need for glasses. The poor thing was practically blind. No wonder she couldn't decipher all the letters- they were all blurry blobs! Anyway, during this time, my Grandma Wallace lent us a video that one of the schools she worked at had made. It was a funny little thing that taught phonics with puppets and silly songs. Annoying to all adults, but effective for kids. I have been having trouble teaching Emma her letter sounds. She knew what they all were, but for some reason I could not find the right way to introduce the phonic sounds so they stuck. I asked my Grandma if I could borrow her video, and it worked! Emma watched it twice and had all the sounds down! Yay! A funny little habit arose from this though. One of the puppets used in the video is a dog named Annie. Emma now has regular dialogues with her right hand. She calls it Annie. It seems to come in quite handy (pun totally intended!) in the car or right around bedtime when there are no toys available.
  • Sara is really upset with me right now because I had her help me make some blueberry muffins. Apparently, I led her astray because the blueberries are not at all blue, but purple, and this dishonesty is very frustrating. She keeps showing me things that are blue and pointing out that the muffins have nothing about them that is even close to that color.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

What? The Challenger video is not at ALL annoying, it is fun for kids and adults alike, and my kids are total brains from borrowing that vid! Spencer knew how to read and I didn't know it until I went to teach him to read!

James and Monica said...

Don't worry, I still have that same issue with blueberries. They're not blue at all! Whoever decided they were blueberries must have been color blind.

Southern Spud said...

lol, thx for sharing