Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Weekend: Sunday Edition

I forgot to take pictures of the baskets before the girls found them. They both got some fruit snacks, a little pot with strawberry seeds, some bows, a book about a bunny, a dry erase board with princesses, and a little outfit of shorts and a shirt.
We also put out the card Grandma and Grandpa Goodman had sent. Emma loves getting mail and was excited to open it.

After the baskets were gone through, they had the egg hunt in our front room. We wanted to do it outside, but there was too much snow. Yeah- snow. So awesome!
After lounging around and watching Conference, we headed to my mom's house for some lamb and ham, and then watched the afternoon session.
After Conference, we went to my Grandma's house where we had a big extended family picture. The first one in 13 years. I will be excited for the change. The last one was not too flattering of me. . .
After pictures, we headed to Jim and Melissa's house for some ham, some cousin fun, and another egg hunt.
Their big haul! Not bad- especially considering this was their THIRD hunt.
It was a fun day, but far too busy for my taste. I love family, but all the driving and stopping and unloading and loading and small talk (oh, how I hate small talk) was a little much for me this year. Remember how my favorite Christmas thus far involved me not even leaving my house? Yeah. . . Anyway, the girls had a blast and I enjoyed all the good food that I did not have to prepare! :)

No comments: