Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend- Saturday Edition

On Saturday morning, we gathered the troops to paint eggs. We didn't do very many of them since Ross is the only one in the family who likes hard boiled eggs. I also didn't want to have my kitchen smelling like vinegar or my hands and carpet dyed pretty Eastery colors, so we just used some of my acryllic paints that I use mostly never. I think that is something we will do every year because my girls LOVED this. They had a fun time, and made some very pretty creations.


After enjoying a lovely morning of Conference (Julie B. Beck's talk was amazing!), we headed over to my Grandma's house where we thought the annual Easter egg hunt was to take place between sessions. We were wrong. It was actually re-scheduled for after the afternoon session because my grandparents, their visiting Canadian friends, and some of my cousins all went to the Conference Center for the morning session. Instead, we took the girls over to my mom's house and did some errands for the Easter Bunny. We enjoyed the afternoon session at my mom's house with cinnamon rolls and scotheroos. After that, we went back to my grandparent's house to enjoy the annual egg hunt in the orchard where all manner of cuteness ensued.

The little kids hunt in the back yard, the big kids hunt in the orchard, and everyone hunts for real eggs in the front yard.
Daddy helped Sara, Dana helped Emma, and I manned the camera and tried to convince Jack to leave my ribs alone to no avail.

Emma started out only wanting purple eggs until she realized that she couldn't stop everyone else from taking them.
Emma's basket got so full that the eggs kept falling out without her noticing. Sara would follow her and pick them up and deposit them in her basket. . .
. . . OR, Emma would turn around and see them and get all excited that she found another egg that she was sure had not been there before. As she would bend down to get the new discovered egg, another one would fall out of the back for her to discover. It was kind of like watching a puppy chase its tail, only much cuter!




It was a good day that ended with us showing the girls some pictures of the Resurection and singing some songs to remind them of what Easter is all about.

No comments: