Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Have Amazing Friends

 When the news of Jeni's passing got out, we were comforted and supported by some amazing people who really understand the importance of bearing one another's burdens, mourning with those that mourn, and comforting those that stand in need of comfort.

The flowers above were brought to me by the Young Women's presidency. There were 3 flowers- one for each of Jeni's children. They knew that my concern at the time was for them and how to help them.

My fabulous friend and neighbor, ShawnandShellbi Stika came by to give us popsicles. She explained that her grandmother was never very wealthy, but her house was a hub for company and social visits, and she never let anyone leave her house without some kind of edible treat. One of the most popular was popsicles. It was a cheap way to show people that she cared about them and wanted them to be happy. (This reminds me a lot of my own Grandma Wallace and her rice crispy treats.) At her funeral, a room full of grown adults mourned her loss and celebrated her life with popsicles. My sweet friend came to share comfort with us in her own personal and lovely way. I am so blessed. 
 My kids chose to color some Valentines and make some decorations to sell. They donated all of that money to Camp Kesem- a camp for children whose parents have had cancer. I had many lovely friends come by and purchase items to show their love and support.
 My friend Paulette brought these pumpkin bars with PINK frosting. She knew how much I love them, and wanted to offer some sugary comfort in a unique way.
This is honestly just a small sampling of all the ways we were served and blessed during this time. There is so much goodness in this world, and for that I am so grateful.

No comments: