Thursday, March 08, 2012

Emma's Birthday

Emma's 6th Birthday Interview

Here are some fun little facts about my not so little girl:
  • Emma is the best little helper EVER.  She loves to help me with whatever I ask, and is so sweet with her younger siblings- most of the time.
  • Emma is a great little reader!  She is doing so good and is making me so proud.  At parent teacher conferences we were told that she is the best reader in her class.
  • Emma is not as great with math as she is with reading.  That was what were were told by her teacher.  It has gotten a lot better since then as I have been working with her a lot more.
  • Emma is pretty.  And she knows it.  Heaven help us when she gets older and realizes what power her tall skinny body, long blonde hair, and gorgeous blue eyes will give her.
  • Emma is a snuggler.  She loves to be hugged and snuggled and is very affectionate.
  • Emma is a hard worker.  She doesn't always like to tackle hard jobs, but she is always so excited when she gets done and gets to see the fruits of her labors.  
  • Emma has excellent vision.  This is probably boring to most of you, but when she was rated with 20-15 vision at her last eye appointment, I was thrilled with the progress she had made since her eye surgery.  Her vision is better than it was before and she regained all the depth perception she had lost due to her condition.  Yayness!
  • Emma has kept the tooth fairy hopping!  She has already lost 6 teeth.  I don't remember losing that many so young.  
  • Emma has a very tender heart and always notices when people around her are upset or need some extra attention.  She is the kid that sits with the girl all by herself in the corner and gives hugs to kids that are sad.  I love this about her.  I was always so shy as a child and had a hard time making friends.  The friends I did have were the ones like Emma who noticed when someone needed a friend and were willing to step in.  
  • Emma asks questions.  All the time.  We try to answer most of them, but sometimes she stumps us, and sometimes she asks them at the most inopportune times.
This girl just makes me so proud!  She is one of my best friends and is so smart!  I love her so very much, and I can see that great things will be coming from her.  I am so lucky to be her mom!

No comments: