Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our New Couch!

OK, I know what some of you are thinking after reading that post title! How can they afford a new big sectional couch right now? (Hi Grant!), So let me quickly set things straight. We can't, and we didn't! We got this beautiful piece of comfortable furniture for the bargain price of FREE.99!! It is a funny story actually. I got asked on Saturday to make dinner for a lady in the ward who just had a baby (and he is soo cute!). I really didn't want to because I wasn't feeling very good and didn't even want to make dinner for my family, let alone someone else's family that is twice the size of mine. I said yes though, because 'No' just doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary. We were walking around the corner to deliver it, and we noticed this big nice sectional couch out on someone's lawn and I told Ross that if they were selling it for $200 or less we should take it because we are planning to move all of our entertainment stuff down to our basement soon and we wanted some furniture down there. When we got up to the house, there was a big purple sign on it that said 'Free!' So we took it. They were just down the street from us so they helped us carry it piece by piece over to our house. It was pretty fantastic! I think I was being blessed for making that dinner when I was feeling so crummy.

As you can see, our basement is not at all finished, butit is nice and spacious and we hate wasting all of that square footage. We have some ideas for making it workable as an entertainment room until we can afford to finish it the right way. The room that has our TV right now is also the warmest room in the house for some reason, which makes it the least desireabe place to sit and relax. We are hoping to have everything shifted down to the basement in the next couple of months so that we can turn the current entertainment room into a guest bedroom. My parents have been kind enough to store my old full-size bed at their house, and we plan to take that back and have a nice pace for Ross's parents (or any other visitor- they are just the most likely to ever stay with us at this point) to stay when they are out here. After everything they have done for us, they deserve to sleep on something that is not inflatable. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that reminds me of my desk! I bought a desk at DI for the very low price of $25 and was going to refinish it and make it all cute. I managed to get it out of my car but not much further. My soon to be ex-parents-in-law were coming to take me to dinner that night so I figured I would ask my father-in-law very kindly like to take it inside for me. Well an hour later they came and said they would move it and in the hour that it had been sitting out on my lawn someone had stolen it!

That was a very long post, but I like your couch a lot and that's the moral of the story. :)